Grish art have recently completed the design and construction of the Emotional First Aid TM website. To support the launch of the training course which is aimed at those who work closely with young people, this website provides further information regarding the course content, how to book your place as well as latest news stories and trainees achievements. The site has generated extensive interest since its launch resulting in increased bookings for this innovative training scheme. View the site by clicking on the link www.emotionalfirstaid.co.uk.
The course is directed at practitioners who come into contact with young people eg teachers, youth workers, project co-ordinators, to aid the detection of signs of ‘emotional stuckness’ thereby reducing the risk of more severe disorders.
The course outlines, as an ‘Emotional First Aider’, your role is to:
- PROMOTE positive emotional health
- Provide SUPPORT and REASSURANCE
- AID in ACCESSING appropriate services
- Undertake RISK ASSESSMENT to help PREVENT HARM to SELF or TO/FROM OTHERS
- Create a PARTNERSHIP with the YOUNG PERSON find SOLUTIONS,
- (getting through this together)
- Assist in EARLY DETECTION and INTERVENTION
- Increase KNOWLEDGE, REDUCE STIGMA and INCREASE the SKILL BASE for the EMOTIONAL FIRST AIDER
If you or someone you know would make an ideal Emotional First Aider, then please contact Ally Krause, email@example.com